Monday, April 4, 2022

Editing Update 2 (Again)

I do not think this post published even though it says it did so I am going to try to post it again.

Our editing is not completely finished, but we are 99% done with it. Julia texted Gabriel and I in our group chat last night to let us know the editing is basically done. The one main issue that we had was that we need to shorten our video down by five seconds in order to get in into the time limit. During class today, Julia worked hard while I did some blogging in order to do just that. 

In order to do this we obviously had to cut out some parts. During class we discussed that cutting out the part of Gabriel sitting in his room is kind of pointless. First things first, this is actually kind of ironic because when I filmed this I thought that it was a little pointless. Getting rid of this helped give us a little bit of a boost for getting our film timing right. We think that it is insignificant because there is only one  line said in there and it is just Gabriel sitting on his bed looking at his computer for a few seconds. Instead of that now it is Gabriel running to his room, slamming the door, and then it cuts to the mom answering the phone call from the college coach. 

Another choice we had to make was when to put the credits. We chose to put these credits in the beginning sequence of Gabriel and Daniel playing soccer. We made this choice because that beginning part is more of a montage type sequence and there is no dialogue going on while we showcase the credits. 

Let me now provide you guys with my overall impressions of the film opening. It is definitely better than I expected. For some parts, especially in the beginning, I think that it is extremely high quality with despite the resources we used. I do think though that it is definitely not a high level project. I tend to look down upon myself so maybe that is why, but I do think that is project is just average. We didn't have crazy good acting or crazy good equipment, but I would say that we worked hard and tried our best to make this a high level film opening. For a group of three average teenagers in a class with other people that work for our school's TV production program, I think we handled the challenge great.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Portfolio Project

Here is our Portfolio Project titled, Kicking It. We hope you enjoy it just as much as we did making it.