Wednesday, February 23, 2022

We Made A Script!!!

 Today ended up being a pretty productive day in class. Gabriel wasn't in class today, but Julia and I made the most of our class time and made sure to get something done. With our time, we dedicated it to creating our scripts. If you read my previous post, we made some changes to our story and chose to include this within our scripts. We also added in stage directions to make it just a little bit easier when it comes time to filming. 

Making the script was an interesting process since it is not writing something formally. Julia and I had to write our dialogue as if two friends were talking to each other. This first draft was completed in decent timing and was able to be completed by the end of class. 

One of the aspects of it that I found really neat was how each character was different and their speech should reflect that. For example, the mom is very strict and should be viewed as the villain in this opening so I wanted to make sure that whatever she would say would make the audience get upset at her or feel like she is being rude to her son. For the main character Gabriel, I wanted him to be portrayed as the average nice kids who deal with some problems so I never made him make too many bold statements just a couple. His best friend and teammate Daniel is always very uplifting and really supports Gabriel, so I made him always try to say something positive. Finally, for the Dad, I thought it would be interesting to have him still support the mom, but still be a little kinder to his son. I think it is unusual for parents to both act exactly the same towards their child or children so that is why I made this choice. I did not expect to summarize every single character's speech in this blog post but here we are. 

Anyways, here is our script. Expect some revisions in the future...



  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Portfolio Project

Here is our Portfolio Project titled, Kicking It. We hope you enjoy it just as much as we did making it.