Thursday, March 31, 2022

Editing Update

Yesterday we are over halfway done with putting together our final production and will be finishing it all by tomorrow if not tonight. I am not going to show you any videos, but just trust me, we are making progress. At the end of class yesterday I got a mini sneak peak and it looks pretty good. We chose to include a variety of shots in the beginning part that I saw which makes it more engaging. I am honestly still surprised by how good the quality looks since we shot it all on an iPhone.  
*For some reason my computer is not letting me put a picture, but I am hoping this works.

Anyways, there were some issues that took place during the editing process with the first setting of our film opening. Julia said that since we filmed at a public field it took a while for her to find the perfect placement of clips where there aren't random people in the background. She said though that by cropping or stopping the clips at certain spots this issue was avoided. 

Another problem was that since we did not have professional high quality movie equipment it was difficult to figure out how to line up the certain clips. Just by constantly watching the clips she was able to figure out which parts were good and stable and which ones weren't. 

In terms of what's next, the rest of the film opening will be finished by the end of tonight. She did say that time may be an issue, but tomorrow in class we will all work together in order to get the perfect timing. We will also possibly add in some foley sounds, which I am going to write about in my next article, to make our film opening even more higher quality. We aren't officially done yet, but this is starting to feel like the beginning of the end to this creative journey for me and my group. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Portfolio Project

Here is our Portfolio Project titled, Kicking It. We hope you enjoy it just as much as we did making it.