Sunday, March 27, 2022

Week Recap/What's Next

 This week was filled with ups and downs in terms of putting together our project. I always prefer to tell the truth, so I will say that not everything that we wanted to get done got done this week, but we still made sure to utilize our time. 

This week was our Spring Break, so it was more difficult being able to coordinate for all of us to work together. For example, when I got back home from my trip on Tuesday, that Thursday I filmed the rest of our opening by myself with one of my siblings recording the footage. This wasn't too challenging for me because we had everything planned out on a story board, but my whole group wasn't there compared to the last time we filmed. After this, I sent over all of my footage to Julia to start the editing process, but due to her having a dance competition during the break, she was able to get very little of it done. 

Since I filmed the second half of our opening by myself, I told Gabe to record our foley sounds, but he was unable to do that. Despite some of these challenges though, we did other things instead to continue to be productive. For example, we researched what fonts we want to use as our opening credits. I think this was a smart thing for us to do at this time since we can all research that from our own personal devices at home. 

Looking ahead into the future, we are starting to hit the end of this portfolio project journey. We have a little over a week left and will need to act very fast and productive to get everything done. I do think with all the hard work we have done leading up to this that we will be ok.  

What I want to do tomorrow is rewatch all the videos we collected and have Julia and Gabe do the same thing and then comment on if there is any that we need to reshoot if they don't like anything. Julia will also be able to start working on the editing and that will be done by the end of this week. She also said that she has an idea of which song she will be using for some of the music, so that is good as well. In terms of those foley sounds that I mentioned earlier, Gabe said that he will use the time that we have in class to record these. I don't think this should take too long since we have had experience doing this in the past. 

Being able to utilize our class time on top of this next week overall I think will allow us to finish the project and still give us a couple days to review it and make any last second adjustments as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Portfolio Project

Here is our Portfolio Project titled, Kicking It. We hope you enjoy it just as much as we did making it.