Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Shooting Day 1

 Today is currently Tuesday and on Sunday we had our fist day filming our film opening. We met up at approximately 4:00 PM EST at one of the locations that I wrote about in my setting blog. At Regional Park we were able to find an ample amount of soccer goals. I brought a soccer ball, a couple of Gatorade bottles, and a sling bag, and Gabe also brought a sling bag to add to the esthetic. 

We started off filming by collecting some b-roll. We gathered footage of a couple parents that we saw playing with their kids and got their permission to potentially include them in our project. We also recorded multiple clips of Gabe and I playing soccer to use in the beginning of our intro. One of my favorite shots of this sequence has to be of me juggling the soccer ball and Julia filming behind the net. I won't put the shot in here so that I don't spoil anything, but if we use it it looks cool. 

After filming multiple clips of us playing soccer, we then started the dialogue. I'm not going to lie, it was a little difficult for me to not laugh during this filming process. I don't know what it is about it, but I just couldn't keep a straight face for the most part. Luckily though I was able to control myself and we got good shots of dialogue. I wrote a previous article about how I was concerned about sound, but it ended up turning out to be ok. Thanks Apple! 

Finally, we ended our filming of a shot of me running away which will be where we pick off on filming day 2 at our next location. I am going to write a separate blog on this plan in order to elaborate on what the plan is. 

Here are a few stills from our project so far. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Portfolio Project

Here is our Portfolio Project titled, Kicking It. We hope you enjoy it just as much as we did making it.