Friday, March 25, 2022

Filming Day 2

 I know. I lied. I thought I would get back from my vacation in the beginning of the day on Tuesday, but it ended up being too late. We ended up doing our second day of filming on Thursday instead of the day I said, Tuesday. In filming yesterday, we recorded all of the scenes that took place in the second set which was at my house. 

The filming process this time I would say was not as smooth. There are a lot of mini details that go into filming such as holding objects the same way, keeping the setting looking exactly the same, and more. This definitely made the process a little bit annoying however, I wanted to strive for excellence and that is what we needed to do. 

There were some changes made to help get the filming done quicker. Instead of having both a mom and the dad in the film we just included the mom only. The dad served as an insignificant role and could have added a lot more confusion because the dad only had one set of lines. It can also possibly add some suspense for viewers wondering about the story on Gabriel's dad. 

There are also some things that we may have to reshoot. The argument between Gabriel and his mom I think needs to be shot with some more different angles. One idea I have for this is maybe using a close up of their mouths yelling at each other. Luckily by filming yesterday, we got time to go through the footage, edit, and figure out what we need to change or add. Another scene that I didn't like too much was of Gabriel sitting in his bedroom on the computer. I think it is insignificant and doesn't really do much to the story since nothing else takes place in that room. 

Something we may or may not add is sound for the voice of the college coach that calls Gabriel's home phone. It will be a voice over, but in order to make it sound legit we will need to record it on our phones and then edit the audio to sound like it is coming through a phone. 

Overall, yesterday felt like a productive day being able to record a huge portion of our project. 

Here are some stills from filming yesterday.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Portfolio Project

Here is our Portfolio Project titled, Kicking It. We hope you enjoy it just as much as we did making it.