Sunday, March 27, 2022

Fonts

It is an essential part to any film opening that there needs to be opening credits and a showcase of the name of the film. In order to do this, this needs to be typed out in fonts. Throughout this blog I am going to provide a few fonts that I think we should use. My idea with these fonts is that it should look like something that belongs on a soccer jersey or fonts that are typically seen on sports shows on TV since this is a sports movie. 

On my quest to find the perfect font I went onto google and typed in "Soccer jersey fonts" to see what would come up. A font that I found that has that soccer jersey/sporty feel is called "Spantaran". 

 As you can see, this font looks perfect, but there is one issue: this font costs $25.00. I'm not saying I do not take this class or project seriously, but I do not think it is worth investing my money to buy a font. Instead, I went snooping around my Google Docs to find some similar fonts. A couple of the fonts that I found that are similar to this are Rye, Impact, and Oswald. 

Here is an example of each font. 

The reason why I chose all these three fonts besides the fact that they all kind of look similar is that they are all very bold and are catching to the eye. I don't want the fonts to draw away from the action on screen, but I feel like these fonts are more clear and aren't hard to see even from far away which I like.

I will certainly keep my hunt for more fonts continuing, but for now these are a few that I am interested in and will probably use. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Portfolio Project

Here is our Portfolio Project titled, Kicking It. We hope you enjoy it just as much as we did making it.